Become a PEAK Volunteer
A Peak education recognizes the importance of parents, nature, and the community in the learning process. Parent volunteers may serve as guest teachers at various points throughout the year, students actively engage in the community through outreach and service, and teachers use the natural resources of Summit County across the curriculum. All of these activities promote a sense of place for students in their roles as local and global citizens.
Volunteering your time, service, and energy is one of the most important ways you can help The Peak School. In honoring our mission of helping students embrace their roles as local and global citizens, we encourage parents, teachers, and community members to do the same. There are many ways to contribute to the success of Peak, and we hope that you will volunteer the best of your talents and find your own way to become involved.
Current volunteer opportunities include:
- Becoming a member of the Board of Trustees.
- Driving students for field trips
- Hosting a parent information session.
- Becoming a part of the Admissions Committee.
- Helping to coordinate the Spring Fundraising Event.
- Donating time in an area of professional expertise (legal, marketing, event planning, technology, etc.).
- CommuniTeach: On CommuniTeach days, community members come to school to teach mini-courses to our students in the areas of their expertise.
- Choosing from many other creative opportunities . . . let us know what you have in mind!
If you are interested in volunteering for The Peak School, please contact us directly at email@example.com.