Join our team!
A commitment to intellect, character, citizenship, and community are essential qualities in a Peak School educator. Peak offers an incredible opportunity for educators to engage their creativity and innovative thinking while seeking the highest levels of responsibility and achievement for their students. Individuals who enjoy this freedom and seek to be active, contributing members of an intellectual community thrive at Peak.
The Peak School is committed to developing students who think critically, act with integrity, and inspire others. Staff at The Peak School embody these qualities, motivating their students to do the same.
The ideal Peak School teacher exhibits the following qualities:
Curriculum and Instruction
- Designs and implements curriculum aligned with The Peak School’s Philosophy.
- Develops innovative lessons that are challenging, age-appropriate, and emphasize depth over coverage.
- Promotes critical thinking, creative thinking, and problem solving while holding high, personalized expectations for all students.
- Integrates both nature and technology into the curriculum.
- Embraces the student-as-worker, teacher-as-coach approach to instruction.
- Assesses students through a variety of methods, with an emphasis on performance-based exhibitions.
- Continually seeks and engages in professional development to maintain a high level of knowledge of current research and practices.
- Encourages students to take ownership over their education, make positive interpersonal choices, and take responsibility for their community interactions.
- Promotes understanding and respect for multiple perspectives by building and teaching a curriculum that follows the best practices for multi-cultural education.
- Ensures that tolerance, respect for diversity and disrupting injustice extend beyond learning, becoming practice.
- Manages the classroom and supports the students in a manner that is recognized as fair and consistent with the school mission and philosophies.
- Exhibits a commitment to the entire school and is eager to be a contributing part of activities outside the classroom, including school events, retreats, and special programs.
Professionalsim and Collegiality
- Supports colleagues through teamwork, collaboration, flexibility, and proactive communication.
- Maintains professional demeanor at all times with children, parents, and colleagues.
- Solicits and respects the parent perspective of the child.
- Maintains a positive and mature problem-solving attitude while dealing with interpersonal conflict or workload demands.
- Articulates curriculum and program design and expectations to both students and parents.
- Provides thoughtful, narrative feedback to students and parents with the intention of raising student achievement.
- Engages in regular communication with both students and parents through conversations, writing, and active listening.
There are no current openings.
The Peak School does not discriminate against anyone based on race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability status or any other trait that is protected under local, state or federal law. In addition, we do not allow discrimination of any kind in the workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and also take affirmative action measures against discrimination in all aspects of employment and School business. This policy applies not only to personnel decisions, but to all aspects of business.