Join our team!
A commitment to intellect, character, citizenship, and community are essential qualities in a Peak School educator. Peak offers an incredible opportunity for educators to engage their creativity and innovative thinking while seeking the highest levels of responsibility and achievement for their students. Individuals who enjoy this freedom and seek to be active, contributing members of an intellectual community thrive at Peak.
The Peak School is committed to developing students who think critically, act with integrity, and inspire others. Staff at The Peak School embody these qualities, motivating their students to do the same.
The ideal Peak School teacher exhibits the following qualities:
Curriculum and Instruction
- Designs and implements curriculum aligned with The Peak School’s Philosophy.
- Develops innovative lessons that are challenging, age-appropriate, and emphasize depth over coverage.
- Promotes critical thinking, creative thinking, and problem solving while holding high, personalized expectations for all students.
- Integrates both nature and technology into the curriculum.
- Embraces the student-as-worker, teacher-as-coach approach to instruction.
- Assesses students through a variety of methods, with an emphasis on performance-based exhibitions.
- Continually seeks and engages in professional development to maintain a high level of knowledge of current research and practices.
- Encourages students to take ownership over their education, make positive interpersonal choices, and take responsibility for their community interactions.
- Promotes understanding and respect for multiple perspectives by building and teaching a curriculum that follows the best practices for multi-cultural education.
- Ensures that tolerance, respect for diversity and disrupting injustice extend beyond learning, becoming practice.
- Manages the classroom and supports the students in a manner that is recognized as fair and consistent with the school mission and philosophies.
- Exhibits a commitment to the entire school and is eager to be a contributing part of activities outside the classroom, including school events, retreats, and special programs.
Professionalsim and Collegiality
- Supports colleagues through teamwork, collaboration, flexibility, and proactive communication.
- Maintains professional demeanor at all times with children, parents, and colleagues.
- Solicits and respects the parent perspective of the child.
- Maintains a positive and mature problem-solving attitude while dealing with interpersonal conflict or workload demands.
- Articulates curriculum and program design and expectations to both students and parents.
- Provides thoughtful, narrative feedback to students and parents with the intention of raising student achievement.
- Engages in regular communication with both students and parents through conversations, writing, and active listening.
Art Teacher (Part-time)
The Peak School is looking for a dynamic art teacher to teach one elective art class each quarter for the 2018 - 2019 school year. We are looking for a teacher that can inspire the artistic nature and capabilities of our students.
The elective art class meets from 1:35 pm - 2:30 pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Typically there has been three upper school classes and one middle school class over the course of the year. Focus of classes may be chosen by the teacher.
Pay scale: $5000 and an additional $1200 for art supplies for the year
- Experience in relevant field required
- Previous experience working with MS and US students
If you're interested in applying, please send a letter of interest, resume, and at least two letters of recommendation to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
Interested in applying?
Send a letter of interest, resume, and at least two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
The Peak School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation in the administration of its admissions and education policies, financial aid programs, and athletic or other school-administered programs. This statement applies to all applicants, students, and employees of the school.